Two exciting announcements! First, I will be taking new clients starting in January. Nutrition therapy and health coaching is a great way to achieve your health goals. If you're interested in learning more, sign up for a free 15 minute meet and greet or send me a message.
Second, I've moved to Northern Virginia. If you know any healthcare practitioners or yoga teachers in the area, I would love to be connected.
The holidays are here and with them, the holiday sniffles. Keep yourself well this season by following these five simple tips.
- Wash your hands. You may be coming into contact with more people than you usually do. Wash your hands regularly with hot soapy water for 20 seconds to eradicate germs.
- Stay hydrated. We often forget to drink water while traveling. If you are driving, bring a water bottle with you and fill up at rest stops. If flying, bring an empty water bottle and fill up after you are through security.
- Manage stress. While the holidays are fun, the many moving parts are indeed stressful. If you feel anxious, fatigued, or depressed, take a few moments to analyze what is causing the feeling. Are you over-committed? Budget stretched thin? Need a snack, nap, or a moment away from family? Determine how you can make that happen.
- Balance indulgences with nourishing meals. Food is tied to many holiday traditions, and deciding to indulge or not can be stressful. It can be tempting to avoid meals or eat less in anticipation of these foods. However, skipping meals can have the opposite desired effect, causing you to over-indulge. I recommend eating balanced meals with quality protein, fats, vegetables, fruits and starches and eating to satiety, no matter what is on your plate.
- Prioritize sleep. With parties and dinners popping up more frequently this time of year, it's easy to accumulate sleep debt. On nights you don't have an obligations, aim for 7-9 hours of sleep. Set an alarm an hour before bed as a reminder to turn off any electronics and start to wind down.
How do you stay healthy during the holidays? Leave a comment with your tips!