Waited until the last minute to do your holiday shopping? Avoid the mall and make gifts from your kitchen instead! Here are some of my favorites along with gift wrapping ideas to make them extra special:
- Gluten-Free Gingerbread Granola from The Kitchn - A tasty gift! Wrap in a festive gift bag or mason jar with a cute ribbon & include the recipe
- Flavored Salts from Country Living - Perfect for your foodie friend. Place each salt in a small jam jar and use address labels to make custom labels
- Cumin-Spiced Almonds from Uproot from Oregon - These would be great for the friend who is always the perfect hostess. Wrap in a mason jar and gift with a tea towel
- Lemon-Pepper Roasted Chickpeas from The Healthy Maven - A great gift for the vegetarian in your life. Place in a tin along with the recipe
- Magic Mushroom Powder from Nom Nom Paleo - This umami-packed powder is a good salt alternative and packs a ton of flavor into every bite. I love it sprinkled on eggs, roasted veggies, and mixed into mayo. Gift in an airtight container topped with a homemade gift tag
- Marinated Goat Cheese - Take 5 oz of goat cheese and slice into thick rounds. Place into an airtight container and add 1 teaspoon of fresh herbs (I like 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon thyme), 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, 1 crushed garlic clove, 1 bay leaf, zest from half a lemon, and enough olive oil to cover. Store in the fridge until ready to gift. Tastes best 1 week after marinating
- Dairy-free Trail Mix Fudge - Heat 1/2 cup coconut oil over low heat. Add 1 cup cocoa powder and whisk until the mixture becomes glossy. Remove from heat and add 3 tablespoons honey, 1/2 cup roughly chopped nuts, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, and 1/4 cup dried cranberries. Stir to combine. Place plastic wrap over a baking dish (8"x8" for thinner fudge or 5"x4" for thicker pieces). Let the ends of the plastic wrap come over the edges of the dish to form handles. Pour the chocolate mixture into the dish. Place in the fridge and allow to set. Once set, remove from the fridge and use the plastic wrap handles to lift the fudge out of the dish. Remove the plastic wrap and place the fudge into a gallon plastic bag. Gently break into large pieces, using the edge of a frying pan if necessary. Place the fudge pieces into an airtight container and store until ready to gift
- Salted Caramel Tahini Cups from Running On Real Food- This vegan take on a candy favorite is delicious. It's perfect for anyone with nut or dairy allergies, as well as strict vegetarians or vegans. I like to wrap these in wax paper and then place in a tin
- Ginger Turmeric Dark Chocolate Cups from the Academy of Culinary Nutrition - This dessert is one you can feel good about giving. It's full of anti-inflammatory ingredients and low in sugar. And the taste is incredible! These clear-top storage tins are a great container when gifting these chocolates
- Raw Peppermint Truffles from A Clean Bake - I love the combination of chocolate and mint, so refreshing! These truffles are impossibly simple, require no baking, and only use 4 ingredients. What's not to love! Wrap in wax paper and gift in a treat box
- Pecan Pie Brittle from PaleOMG - Normally, I am much too impatient for candy-making. However, this pecan pie brittle was surprisingly simple and super delicious. Wrap in wax paper and gift in a festive tin for a nostalgic treat
- Chocolate Peppermint No-Bake Macaroons from Vibrant Life Army Wife - Yes, more chocolate and mint; I can't help myself. These macaroons add a coconut flavor to the mix and can easily be adapted to be AIP (Autoimmune Protocol)-friendly. These are the perfect size to gift in a re-purposed egg carton. Cut the top off of the carton, and line each egg cup with muffin liners. Place a macaroon in each cup, and wrap with cellophane and a bow on each end.
- Homemade Chai Tea from Crunchy Betty - A great gift for the tea lover in your life. You can make a dry mix and gift it in a muslin bag along with a teaball and tea cup. Alternatively, make chai tea concentrate and gift in a large mason jar along with a mug
- Ginger-Lime Infused Vodka from Brit + Co - Place the vodka in a mason jar and gift with moscow mule mugs and ginger beer for a ready-to-drink Moscow Mule kit
What are you favorite treats to gift? Share below in the comments!